Wednesday, February 20, 2013

One or two sea legs?



The good thing about this islands is that if you take your prescription bottle, you don't need to get another prescription or if you know the name of the medication the pharmacist is willing to help you.

We were in St. Lucia, anchored in Rodney Bay. We needed some things from the grocery store and the pharmacy, so we made a trip to the town. I was wondering through the aisle of the store when I saw a box that captured my attention. “Sea legs”. I grabbed it and put it on my shopping basket. Because as you can tell: I still get seasick. That night before I went to sleep I took one and next morning before we started sailing I took the other one. Just as the instructions says. The journey began and the captain asked: “Did you take your sea leg?” “Yes!” I said. “When?” He requested. “Last night and this morning”. Thirty minutes later I was feeling like I had drank a whole bottle of rum. I couldn't keep my eyes open, it was worse than being seasick. Finally I lay down in the cockpit with several pillows and slept the entire trip from St. Lucia to Martinique.

I woke up entering Ste. Anne Bay, and the Captain said: “Well, you got your two sea legs”. We dropped the anchor. I put everything away down bellow and hit the bunk for four more hours.

This pill maybe kept me from puking, but made me stupid for a whole day. I rather go back to my old sailing days: up side down.

AnechyNotes

No comments:

Post a Comment