Wednesday, March 14, 2012

February the 13th


We witnessed a moonrise between the clouds that looked like a half of an orange in a magical fruit basket. Then Jim showed me the plankton sparkling on the waves created by our vessel. Our sails were up and ready for the wind to get in the perfect direction. I was nauseous, so I laid down and tried to sleep, but instead I kept hearing voices and having creepy dreams of creatures coming from the water and talking in weird languages. I opened my eyes feeling I couldn't breath, I saw the number 17, in the wind instrument reader, but I was immerse in the strange dream of the seasickness, fighting with my mind to stay awake and with my stomach to keep in the little bit of food I could have for dinner.

Suddenly the engine made an strange noise, like lion roaring on his lost battle, hurt and humiliated on front of its group. That was appalling. But I couldn't help myself staying up there. My body was shaking, I needed to lay down. In my way to the cabin Jim said he had to change the fuel filter. Felling bad for not being able to help I crawled to the bed and passed out. In my dreams I could hear the engine sounding better and again bad, I also heard Jim's voice like faraway whisper, asking me if I was OK, or saying he had to change the filter again, or he needed to transfer the gas from the tank to the fuel cans, later on he said he filtered it while he was putting it back in the tank, I know some time of the night he said very emotional: “We are high speed sailing!”

It was a horrible night for us, making honor to a February 13th.

I opened my eyes at 9 o' clock, Jim looked so tired and I was a mess, the acids on my stomach were killing me, I had to run up to throw out. Jim looked at me and announce me the very good news that he had changed course to Dominica. “We have a bad gas and I only have one filter left, and you are not doing good”. He sentenced.

I wanted my oat brand bread.

AnechyNotes

No comments:

Post a Comment