Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Anechy in seasick land


February 13th. I woke up in the morning too late for the sunrise, Jim told me it was spectacular. Anyway, I was feeling proud of my guarding the night before, while the Captain was sleeping, even when I called him twice for a boat passing by 20 miles away.

It was a beautiful day and I was recuperated and ready for the adventure on the cockpit. My stomach was talking again, but this time it was yelling: “FOOD!” We had a very good selection in the refrigerator, but I couldn't think of anything that wouldn't made me feel sick. The savers of my day were an apple and “Wendie's Oat Brand Bread”.

I literally spent all day in the cockpit.

Another beautiful sunset announced the arrived of the night. The wind was shifting and picking up. The possibility of sailing sounded great to me, because the vibration of the engine was my Aquiles' heel. I stayed guarding from 6:30 to 9:40pm. Salty Shores was moving with an intense up and down against 4 to 6 feet waves. When Jim woke up I wanted to go back to the cabin and sleep, but a wedge pillow and a blanket in my cockpit looked like a better idea to me.

This is a harsh way to travel, it is easier to rent a car or take a plane.” My Captain said. “But it's less exciting” I answered.

It will continue...

AnechyNotes

No comments:

Post a Comment