Monday, March 5, 2012

Encountering a real sailing in the open ocean



Still February 12th. As soon as Salty Shores left the safety waters of the BVI, my stomach said: “Lunch, out!” after that I felt a little bit better, but that wasn't the only time, because water, air, everything had to go out. The wind was blowing from the east, northeast 6-8 knots, the ocean wasn't to rough, but it was my first time facing that constant motion. That night I stayed most of the time out on the cockpit. I enjoy the sunset a clear and bright moon and the stars.

I recalled my brother's journeys in the Caribbean sea trying to get out of Cuba in that 14 feet styrofoam and wood raft and the improvised mast and sail. I prayed that night for all the Cubans in the Caribbean sea, for those that never made it and for my brother seating on his couch watching TV, safe and sound.

AnechyNotes

No comments:

Post a Comment